Responsive for all types of running, the Pegasus gives you the familiar comfort to pulverize all your goals. This historic version retains the responsiveness you love, but with more comfort in sensitive areas of the foot, like the arch and toes. Whether you're tackling marathon miles, a speed run before sunset, or a jogging with your buddies, this is the tried-and-true sneaker for running on the road, day in and day out.
- The support offered by the shoe is a guarantee of stability for your natural stride. The combination of a snug fit and carefully targeted cushioning allows you to feel secure with every step. The Pegasus 40 guarantees a neutral fit. It offers a perfect balance for both heel and forefoot attack. Suitable for both short and long runs, it provides a smooth transition from heel to toe.
- The thicker the underfoot cushioning, the softer and more comfortable your stride. Cushioning helps absorb shock when your feet hit the ground. Get a better feel for the ground with Nike React technology. Made of lightweight, durable foam, it ensures a flexible, responsive stride. It also maintains its shape for a consistent feel, run after run.
- The more responsive the shoe, the greater the energy return with each step. If you want to run a little faster or with a little less effort, reactive shoes are ideal. They give you a little more bounce and allow you to get the most out of your run. We combined Nike React technology with two Zoom Air units (forefoot and heel) for more responsiveness, bounce and a more dynamic feel at impulse.
- We added more foam around the collar for a better fit and maximum comfort. Then we upgraded the inner linings and full cushioning for an incredibly soft fit.
- The single-ply mesh offers a compelling fit and comfort. We redesigned the midfoot strap for a form-fitting fit that accommodates all types of arches.
- To create Pegasus 40, we took an inside-out approach, starting with a midfoot strap for a more secure fit without sacrificing flexibility, as if the shoe were hugging your foot. We wanted the inside of the shoe to be comfortable, breathable and flexible in the toe, arch and heel areas, where the foot is most sensitive, with a circular pattern designed to fit the shape of the foot. Suede provides a better fit without the risk of chafing, mile after mile.
- Heel area designed to optimize foot placement and improve transition and durability.
- Embossed pattern provides optimal traction on the road.
- Additional flexible grooves for smooth toe-off.